Basic Competencies and Requirements:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in an industrial environment required
- Understand and read electrical schematics, machinery drawings, and pneumatic or hydraulic schematics.
- Knowledge of mechanical drive components and systems. To include gearboxes, belts, bearings, pulleys, sheaves, bushings, and other common mechanical components.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic components and systems. To include valves, cylinders, flow controls, accumulators, and other common air or fluid components.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic components and systems. To include sensors, switches, AC/DC/Servo motors, PLC systems, PLC programs, AC 480Volt, AC120Volt, DC voltage, Servo drives, AC drives, and VFD drives.
- Understand and skilled in the use of mechanical hand tools.
- Understand and skilled in the use of common electrical instruments. To include multi-meters, amp probes, thermocouple testers, temperature or pressure control testing equipment, and other various instruments required to isolate electrical malfunctions.
- Understand water systems for both chill and cooling tower water systems. To include piping, valves, and assorted fittings.
- Understand heating systems used in ovens, and extruders.
- Understand vacuum systems used in resin material flow from source to end use.
- Understand Low Pressure air systems, compressors, piping, valves, flow controls, filters, and oil separators.
- Ability to utilize a fork truck for maintenance assists requirements.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, tools, practices and procedures
- Ability to work well in a team environment & motivate others within the team
- Normal Dexterity & Weight Requirements (requires extensive walking, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing and lifting up to 60 pounds)
- Ability to guide and train new mechanics
- Must identify and report hazards.
- Must eliminate any hazard within own ability.
- Provide roll around cabinet with common use tools to perform duties of position
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job function.
- Employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Must be able to apply torque to wrenches and ratchets, lift tooling dies and associated parts into the machine with human and mechanical assistance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to see and read machine gauges and computer screen, 75% of the time.
- Must be aware of and follow all safety policies, including use of personal protective equipment, lock out/tag out, housekeeping, hazardous materials, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- The work environment can have temperatures that are both cold and high temperature depending on the work locations, and seasonable temperature variations.